Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Amila Rathnayake <wr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/22 13:34:36 UTC

There is a Known Issue in xsd:any DeSerializer - Need new method getPrefix4NS() in the Parser

       Clean  Clean  DocumentEmail                    MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable	{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";	mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;	mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;	mso-style-noshow:yes;	mso-style-parent:"";	mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;	mso-para-margin:0in;	mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;	font-size:10.0pt;	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
Hi All,

I have sent the Serializer and DeSerializer for xsd:anytype in wsdl#8217;s.

But, in the DeSerializer there isa known issue / bug. The DeSerializer was written forxsd:any type in the way onceSusantha has suggested. But within the serializeTag()method in the DeSerializer it needs a way to get thenamespace prefix for given namespace URI which is not there in the parser.

But in both the XMLParserExpat.cppand XMLParserXerces.cpp there is a method called getNS4Prefix(const XML_Ch* prefix)to get the namespace for given namespace prefix.

So it needs to add a method into the XMLParser.hwhich is the base class for both XMLParserExpat.cppand XMLParserXerces.cpp to return the namespaceprefix for given namespace URI, which works in the other way round as getNS4Prefix().

There is no other way to serialize the inner tags within xsd:any type in DeSerializer unless we add this functionality to theparser.

Let#8217;s discuss this issue and suggest a better answer.

Thanks and Regards,

Amila Rathnayake.

Re: There is a Known Issue in xsd:any DeSerializer - Need new method getPrefix4NS() in the Parser

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Amila,

I had a look at the code you posted (diff, samples etc) and It seems
that to support xsd:any we need 2 more API functions in XMLParser
interface like following.

/* Returns the prefix for a given Namespace */
const char* getPrefix4NS(const char* pchNS);

/* Similar to next() but returns all events including whitespaces and
prefix mapping events */
const AnyElement* nextEvent();

Shall we add these API functions to the CVS so that we can have xsd:any
support in 1.2 Beta release next week ?.

If there is no any objections or alternative suggestions I will add
these API functions and improve the Expat and Xerce wrappers.

Thanks,

Susantha.

RE: WSDLs in one place

Posted by damitha kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
+1 for the idea

damitha

RE: WSDLs in one place

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Yes this is a long felt need. Lets have following folder structure
inside

\- wsdls
       |--rpc
       |    |--literal
       |    |--encoded
       |--doc
            |--wrapped
            |--unwrapped

Any Ideas ?...

Susantha.

WSDLs in one place

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Amila,

I applied the patch you had sent for supporting xsd:any (Deserializing
and Serializing functionalities).

Keep up good work. Thanks,

Also I added 2 new API functions to the XMLParser API and implemented
them in the Expat Wrapper and did some changes in the serializeTag
method to use the new functions.

I am implementing the 2 new functions in Xerces wrapper.

Please test the samples that you wrote to test xsd:any support with the
new CVS code.

Thanks,

Susantha.
---

I have sent the Serializer and DeSerializer for xsd:any type in wsdl's.

[...]

  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/new/*http://promotions.yahoo.co
m/new_mail>