Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by J Bouck <bo...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 02:44:02 UTC

Anyone done a REST/POX to SOAP proxy service?

I am wondering if someone has an example of a synapse.xml for a
REST/POX to SOAP proxy service.
Scenario:
REST/POX HTTP POST to synapse which converts to SOAP for SOAP endpoint
and then takes SOAP Response and strips the SOAP wrapper to return POX
to the requesting client.  I suppose SOAP Faults from target convert
to HTTP status codes on the response to the client?

I know that there is a synapse sample (#152) that goes from SOAP to
REST/POX, but that doesn't really work in the reverse.  Suggestions
appreciated.

~john

Re: Anyone done a REST/POX to SOAP proxy service?

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
John
> I know that there is a synapse sample (#152) that goes from SOAP to
> REST/POX, but that doesn't really work in the reverse.  Suggestions
> appreciated.

Have you looked at Sample #50
<http://synapse.apache.org/Synapse_Samples.html#Sample50>? That should
be a good way to get started, Basically a proxy service will accept a
PoX message by default. Then its upto you to forward it as a SOAP 1.1 or
1.2 message to an endpoint. The response would be converted back to PoX
automatically. (check the sample response sent).. and errors will result
in HTTP 500 etc

asankha