Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by George Fawcett <gr...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 06:39:03 UTC

How can I help ?

Team,

I was orginal traffic server tier three engineering support for
Traffic Edge / Traffic Server for Inktomi for about a year.
I have a great passion for this platform and wanted to know anyway I
can help the project ?

I was hoping I could help with the docs and possibly some support
questions or FAQ's.

I did have one question so please excuse my ignorance but I was
reading the admin Guide
Is the Object store still the hash based InkFS file system ?

Let me know what I can do to Help ?
--
G. Ryan Fawcett
Info-struct systems Consulting

Re: How can I help ?

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <le...@ogre.com>.
On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:39 PM, George Fawcett wrote:

> Team,
>
> I was orginal traffic server tier three engineering support for
> Traffic Edge / Traffic Server for Inktomi for about a year.
> I have a great passion for this platform and wanted to know anyway I
> can help the project ?
>
> I was hoping I could help with the docs and possibly some support
> questions or FAQ's.

That'd be great! Please work with Miles Libbey and Andrew Hsu, and see
where you can help. Also, please participate in our trafficserver-
user@incubator and trafficserver-dev@ mailing list, and you're very
welcome to the #traffic-server IRC room.

> I did have one question so please excuse my ignorance but I was
> reading the admin Guide
> Is the Object store still the hash based InkFS file system ?

Yeah, pretty sure it is. We have added APIs to implement caches as
plugins, and we have a few in-house that we haven't released yet. But
the cache that comes with the "core" is the same 'ol cache you
probably know and love.

Cheers,

-- Leif