Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Eduardo Luque <el...@aplicatec.com> on 2008/11/17 12:11:44 UTC

client disconnect

I have embedded the apache ftp server into my java application. My
configuration file ftpd.xml is :

<server xmlns="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1"
	xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/spring/v1
http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/ftpserver-1.0.xsd
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd"

        id="server"
        max-logins="700"
	anon-enabled="false"
	max-anon-logins="123"
	max-login-failures="124"
	login-failure-delay="125">

	<listeners>
            <nio-listener name="default" port="21" implicit-ssl="false"
idle-timeout="60" local-address="the ip">
                <data-connection idle-timeout="30000">
                    <active enabled="false" local-address="the ip"
local-port="2323" ip-check="true"/>
                    <passive ports="60000-60535" address="the ip"
external-address="the ip" />
                </data-connection>
             </nio-listener>
        </listeners>
    <ftplets>
  		<ftplet name="AlarmFtpUploaded">
   			 <beans:bean
class="com.aplicatec.mwengine.alarmserver.alarmserverlet.alarmftp.AlarmFtpUploaded">
     		 </beans:bean>
  		</ftplet>
	</ftplets>
	<file-user-manager file="/etc/mwengine/alarmserver/users.properties"
encrypt-passwords="false" />

</server>

The problem is when I try to upload a large file, the connection between
client and server closes after several minutes without any message of
error

It is problem of configuration?? I use passive mode to connect. Could
someone help me? Thanks

Re: client disconnect

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Eduardo Luque <el...@aplicatec.com> wrote:
>> The problem is when I try to upload a large file, the connection between
>> client and server closes after several minutes without any message of
>> error
>
> This is a known bug where we did not update the idle counter during
> data transfers. You can either increase the idle-timeout value to a
> big value or use trunk (or the upcoming M4).

Also remember to point out that FtpServer is now part of the Apache
MINA project, and this list should be non-active now.

Cheers
Niclas

Re: client disconnect

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:11 PM, Eduardo Luque <el...@aplicatec.com> wrote:
> The problem is when I try to upload a large file, the connection between
> client and server closes after several minutes without any message of
> error

This is a known bug where we did not update the idle counter during
data transfers. You can either increase the idle-timeout value to a
big value or use trunk (or the upcoming M4).

/niklas