Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/24 16:04:19 UTC

0.28.2

Hi folks,

According to our release schedule, we should be cutting point release for
0.28.x. I volunteer to be the release manager. Vinod and Ben already
started a branch (0.28.x) in the repo, so it's just a matter of cutting it.
If you have any patch that you want to backport into 0.28.2, please let me
know asap. I plan to cut it this Thursday.

Thanks,
- Jie

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
OK, looks like no one volunteer for 0.27.3 and 0.26.2. Therefore, I'll be
the release manager for these two release as well. Will try to cut right
after MesosCon.

- Jie

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Roger Ignazio <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hey Jie,

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@apache.org>.
Looked at the review and the JIRA issue. Not sure why you think it is a
bug? `mesos-execute` only supported the default (*) role before. Now after
the above fix, that role is made configurable. Unless I'm missing
something, I see that as strictly an improvement.

I'm not worried about the cost of backporting this particular fix per se,
I'm more concerned about the precedent and expectations we set around what
can be backported. This is important to keep the overhead on committers
low. Please take a look at our release policy
<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/versioning/> for further
details.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by June Taylor <ju...@umn.edu>.
Guangya,

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Guangya Liu <gy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vinod,

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Vinod Kone <vi...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by June Taylor <ju...@umn.edu>.
I'm glad to know it will be in 1.0, this would really help us out.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Guangya Liu <gy...@gmail.com>.

Re: 0.28.2

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.