Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/08/04 22:13:33 UTC

[gump] repository descriptors

Hi Sam,

Could we move toward having repository descriptors instead of having cvs
tree information repeated in files like rubix.xml and rubypad.xml? I think
this pattern is more normalized and would help me get my java version of
gump working.

Right now we have repository descriptors for dbxml, devworks, exolab and
sourceforge. Could we add ones for jakarta, apache xml, tigris,
whichever.com, the jdom repo, and the mozilla repo. I can whip these up, but
I'm not sure if gump will work with them yet.

If we can start work again on a format for project files and make a dtd it
would definitely make it easier for me to merge my java code with your
existing work which is what I would like to do. Slowly move toward a java
version of gump.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl