Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2013/04/26 19:21:52 UTC

Use hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check to allow versions in the same major version?

Hi devs,

Given that we have API compatibility within a major release, I was
wondering if it would make sense to augment the worker version check to
allow workers from a different minor/point release in the same major
release? The motivation for this is rolling upgrade within a major release.

We could use the same property hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check for this
or add another property. Thoughts?

Thanks
Karthik

Re: Use hadoop.relaxed.worker.version.check to allow versions in the same major version?

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for the pointers, Eli. Glad HDFS already takes care of this - I ll
follow up on the MR JIRA.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Karthik,