Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/11 06:43:58 UTC

Prevent a build

Hello all,
I am having two problems. The first one is I don't want to compile the
classes when creating the artifact (jar). I want the source only to be
there. Later on, if I need to build a whole program and wrap it in
assembly, Then I would like to include only the sources. How can I do
this ?

The second part is going through the whole build cycle (compile, test,
package. ...etc) when I do deploy. There's no need for this, as the
processes takes time to recreate a package again. can this be prevent.

Re: Prevent a build

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
You can deploy auxiliary artifacts by including their generation
before the phase:

mvn source:jar deploy

Paul

Re: Prevent a build