Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Julien HENRY <he...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/08/12 10:49:56 UTC

Struts2 themes in Continuum

Hi all,

When working on Struts2 migration for Continuum, I faced a bug in the default theme so I had to compare with current struts theme that is now completely different. I don't really know where this theme initially come from. Was it based on the old xhtml theme or on the ajax theme?

I also discovered that most of the dojo stuff was duplicated in continuum webapp. What was the reason for that instead of using the one embedded in Struts2 2.0.x core?

Final question:  now that Struts2 2.1.x use a clean separation between the core xhtml theme and the plugin ajax theme, I think it would be easier to stick as close as possible to one of these choice. Currently I don't think Continuum UI is using a lot of Dojo features. Also I'm not sure the dojo plugin will be maintained for a long time as it is still using an old version of Dojo. So my preference would be to:
 1) not use the struts2 dojo plugin
 2) use the xhtml theme as much as possible
 3) remove all dojo stuff that is not used in Continuum

Thoughts?

Julien

Re : Struts2 themes in Continuum

Posted by Julien HENRY <he...@yahoo.fr>.
Ok, so once Struts 2.1.6 patch will be applied I will try to work on cleaning all this stuff.

Regards,

Julien

________________________________
De : Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
À : dev@continuum.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 19 Août 2009, 16h47mn 15s
Objet : Re: Struts2 themes in Continuum

On 12/08/2009, at 4:49 AM, Julien HENRY wrote:

> Final question:  now that Struts2 2.1.x use a clean separation between the core xhtml theme and the plugin ajax theme, I think it would be easier to stick as close as possible to one of these choice. Currently I don't think Continuum UI is using a lot of Dojo features. Also I'm not sure the dojo plugin will be maintained for a long time as it is still using an old version of Dojo. So my preference would be to:
> 1) not use the struts2 dojo plugin
> 2) use the xhtml theme as much as possible
> 3) remove all dojo stuff that is not used in Continuum
>
> Thoughts?

+1. AFAIK, we aren't using any dojo features and they are just there because it was turned on by default for the old WW ajax theme.

- Brett

Re: Struts2 themes in Continuum

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.