Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Davy Toch <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 17:10:22 UTC

iBATIS 2.3.x : fix for IBATIS-249 available in which version?

We urgently need the patch that was described for iBATIS *2.3.0.677*:

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IBATIS-249

in order to fix the problem described in the comment by A. Rahman:

A Rahman<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=akarahman>added
a comment - 19/Mar/08
06:18 AMI have the same problem occuring with ibatis 2.3.0.677, any
solution, please let us know. Did got resolved to anybody?

at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
- waiting on <0x3fa8a3b0> (a java.lang.Object)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:429)
at com.ibatis.common.util.Throttle.increment(Throttle.java:70)
- locked <0x3fa8a3b0> (a java.lang.Object)
at com.ibatis.common.util.ThrottledPool.pop(ThrottledPool.java:57)
at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapExecutorDelegate.popSession(SqlMapExecutorDelegate.java:933)
at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapSessionImpl.<init>(SqlMapSessionImpl.java:51)
at
com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientImpl.openSession(SqlMapClientImpl.java:229)

Apparently this was fixed as indicated by the last comment of the issue:

Clinton Begin<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=cbegin>added
a comment - 20/Mar/08
06:20 AM
Sorry Abdur, my mistake. I was thinking of a different bug. This was indeed
an iBATIS problem. But no longer.

I have a few minor changes to make and I plan on trying to get the new beta
out this week.

Cheers,
Clinton

My questions are :
1) Is this fix available in iBATIS 2.3.1.710 which can be downloaded from
http://apache.mogo.be/ibatis/binaries/ibatis.java?
2) Is iBATIS 2.3.1.710 also still usable for JDK 1.4 or do we need JDK 1.5?
3) Is iBATIS 2.3.1.710 already stable? If not, could somebody tell me which
Java sources were modified in this version in order to correct the above
problem, so we can patch iBATIS ourself if really necessary?

Best regards,
Davy Toch

Re: iBATIS 2.3.x : fix for IBATIS-249 available in which version?

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, it might actually run fine if you remove the enum support from the
type handlers... can't remember if there's anything else specific to 1.5.

That's probably the best plan though.  Grab the source, build under 1.4,
remove whatever breaks.

Cheers,
Clinton

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
There really was only on version after 2.3.0, as .1,.2, and .3 were betas.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Re: iBATIS 2.3.x : fix for IBATIS-249 available in which version?

Posted by Davy Toch <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.