Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/09/28 16:04:24 UTC

BugRat Report #177 has been filed.

Bug report #177 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/177>

REPORT #177 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: jakarta-tomcat-4.0-ml
   JVM Release: IBM-JDK-1.3
   Operating System: Linux
   OS Release: 2.2.17
   Platform: Linux

Synopsis:
jakarta-tomcat-4.0-ml

If you try:   http://myhost:8080/servlet/

get page : HTTP Status 503 - Servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER. is currently unavailable

On the log: The requested service (Servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER. is currently unavailable) is
not currently available and so on...

if you try: http://myhost:8080/servlet/nonexistServlet

you get: Document contain no data

Log starts with :  core.StandardWrapper.allocate : 539

I tried http://myhost:8080/servlet/  twice and I was kicked out from the sessions. [  Security Constraints
on conf/web.xml ]

After that every time I try to get existing servlet, It prompt form for authentication and got document
contain no data. I had established session.

On the log I got StandardWrapperValve[org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.mehe]: Servlet
org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.mehe is currently unavailable.

I quit the browser and restarted and every thing worked OK. Apache style login(what do you call that
anyway)  and form based login worked.

So I  http://myhost:8080/servlet/ -cleaned up session thing for good.