Posted to user@spark.apache.org by venkatesh b <ve...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/06 14:54:22 UTC

Is it worth storing in ORC for one time read. And can be replace hive with HBase

Hi, here I got two things to know.
FIRST:
In our project we use hive.
We daily get new data. We need to process this new data only once. And send
this processed data to RDBMS. Here in processing we majorly use many
complex queries with joins with where condition and grouping functions.
There are many intermediate tables generated around 50 while
processing. Till now we use text format as storage. We came across ORC file
format. I would like to know that since it is one Time querying the table
is it worth of storing as ORC format.

SECOND:
I came to know about HBase, which is faster.
Can I replace hive with HBase for processing of data daily faster.
Currently it is taking 15hrs daily with hive.

Please inform me if any other information is needed.

Thanks & regards
Venkatesh

Re: Is it worth storing in ORC for one time read. And can be replace hive with HBase

Posted by venkatesh b <ve...@gmail.com>.
I'm really sorry, by mistake I posted in spark mailing list.

Jorn Frankie Thanks for your reply.
I have many joins, many complex queries and all are table scans. So I think
HBase do not work for me.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.