Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/04 09:03:53 UTC

Python 27 End of life

Python 2.7 is officially EOL. We should remove associated build artifacts
and update base docker build and distribution images to jdk11 and python3.
Ideally before the next release.

-Ali

Re: Python 27 End of life

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ali,

Thank you for putting this together.

What are the changes required for this? Code changes, documentation
changes, docker file changes? What is the backward compatibility story?

It would be great if you can incorporate these considerations into your
proposal. It is hard for me to figure out what is the real proposal here.

Thanks,
Sijie

Re: Python 27 End of life

Posted by Ali Ahmed <al...@gmail.com>.