Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cy...@nexans.com on 2005/03/22 14:06:27 UTC

Réf. : Re: How to trap errors while authenticatinguser : Custon Authentication mechanism ?

Hi,

I don't want to give to the user the error why his login fails, but I want
to open a popup calling the good service from my Novell server.

Beside of that, I'm developping an Intranet application, so hacking is not
our primary concern.

What can I do instead of unpacking calalina.jar and compiling it from
scratch... - including the mbean descriptor file ?

Regards

Cyril ZEKSER

                      William
                      Stranathan               Pour :   Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
                      <shi1wei3@gmail.         cc :
                      com>                     Objet :  Re: How to trap errors while authenticating user : Custon Authentication
                                               mechanism ?
                      22/03/2005 13:10
                      Veuillez
                      répondre à
                      "Tomcat Users
                      List"

Besides, giving to the USER a different authentication failure message
is a bad idea - hackers use that information to know which accounts to
try to hack.

On the other hand, though, custom handling of the error would be nice
- the LDAP servers I use disconnect silently without traffic for some
amount of time, but there's no way for me to trap that error - it just
appears as an authentication failure to the user, and they have to try
to authenticate again so Tomcat can establish a new connection.