Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Amit Sarkar <Am...@cpit.ac.nz> on 2013/03/23 13:21:47 UTC

QA Testing Volunteer

Hi
I have joined the QA/Testing and eager to contribute.
Regards
Amitrajit

This email has been filtered by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com

Re: QA Testing Volunteer

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Amit Sarkar <Am...@cpit.ac.nz> wrote:
> Hi
> I have joined the QA/Testing and eager to contribute.
> Regards
> Amitrajit

Hello and welcome to the Apache OpenOffice project!

We have some reading material to help new volunteers understand the
project and how it works.

You can start here:  http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/

If you are new to open source projects then you should review the
level 1 modules.  Then read over the Intro to QA module:

http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html

There are some important steps on that page, like subscribing to
mailing lists, signing up for a Bugzilla account, etc., that you will
need to do.

If you have any questions, post them to the list and I or another
volunteer will be happy to respond.   And once you've completed the
orientation modules we can talk about what testing is currently going
on and how you can help.

Regards,

-Rob

Re: QA Testing Volunteer

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
 Thank for Rob' reminder, I will adjust my thoughts and rich my guide.

2013/3/27 Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Welcome to OpenOffice.
> >
> > You can start with automation BVT(Build Verification Test)
> >  http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/BVT
> >  http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/BVT_Report
> >

> It might help to add some more introduction in the BVT page, like:
>
> 1. What is a BVT, how is it used and why it is important
>
> 2. What prerequisite are needed to run the BVT?  For example, you need
> a test machine, a good internet connection and command-line skills.
>
> 3. What do you do after you run the BVT?  How to you categorize the
> defects in Bugzilla.
>
> Remember, a new person posting for the first time on this mailing list
> doesn't even have a Bugzilla account set up yet.  They might not even
> be subscribed to the mailing list.  So just pointing them to the BVT
> page will probably not work.  It will only confuse them.    I'd
> recommend start by asking more questions:  What kind of experience do
> you have with OpenOffice?  With quality assurance?  With Java
> programming?  What operating systems can you test with?  Depending on
> their skill set and interest the new volunteer might be a good
> candidate for running the BVT.  But I don't think we can assume that
> this is a good match for everyone.
>
> -Rob
>

> > 2013/3/23 Amit Sarkar <Am...@cpit.ac.nz>
> >
> >> Hi
> >> I have joined the QA/Testing and eager to contribute.
> >> Regards
> >> Amitrajit

> >> This email has been filtered by SMX.
> >> For more information visit http://smxemail.com