Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Primeau <Pa...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca> on 2010/10/14 15:19:57 UTC

upgrading apache tomcat on windows 2003

Good Morning,

I am trying to upgrade from apache tomcat version 5.5.20 to 5.5.31 on a windows 2003 system.
I downloaded the apache-tomcat-5.5.31.exe to my server and started the install.
I stopped the existing tomcat-apache service.
I noticed that there is no upgrade option so I continued with the install option.
everything was ok until a hit the following error-->
Failed to install Tomcat5 service.
Check you settings and permissions.
Ignore and continue anyway (not recommended)

So my question is how to upgrade from one version to another.
Do I have to un-install and re-install the latest version.

Thanks

Paul Primeau
CGI Engineering & Technical Support
ETS Midrange Service Line
PWGSC - ITSB - SM&D
mailto:paul.primeau@pwgsc.gc.ca

RE: upgrading apache tomcat on windows 2003

Posted by Paul Primeau <Pa...@tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca>.
At this point it's just failing at the service.

Paul Primeau
CGI Engineering & Technical Support
ETS Midrange Service Line
PWGSC - ITSB - SM&D
700 Montreal Road - Annex B, Station 2079
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0P7
Work: (613) 748-2379 ; Fax: (613) 748-4843
mailto:paul.primeau@pwgsc.gc.ca
Info/Man: ETSMRSUP

Posted by Rob Gregory <Ro...@ibsolutions.com>.

Posted by Rob Gregory <Ro...@ibsolutions.com>.