Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Ariel Weisberg <ar...@datastax.com> on 2015/06/02 22:53:24 UTC

May 2015 retrospective

Hi,

Astute observers will note that last month's retrospective email was also
for May. The Google doc was labelled April. The bug is with the subject
(should have been April) so this is retrospective for the events of May
2015.

The retrospective doc is available here.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GtuYRocdr9luNdwmm8wE84uC5Wr6TvewFbQtqoAFVeU/edit?usp=sharing>

I think we are in something of a lull right now. We didn't ship a release
so there is no feedback from that process. We consciously haven't start
working on expanding the scope of what and how we test.

What people power is dedicated to improving the testing situation has been
focused on the technical and process debt associated with unit and dtests.

The unit tests are nigh done and started providing usable feedback earlier
in the month. I can tell because it has become obvious when someone has not
run the tests in cassci before merging :-)

The dtests are close and the remaining failures on trunk are flappers
according to Tyler. That might be my next stop.

Regards,
Ariel

Re: May 2015 retrospective

Posted by Ariel Weisberg <ar...@datastax.com>.
Hi,

I added the bugs that could be caught by the kitchen sink harness to
the kitchen
sink requirements doc.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kccPqxEAoYQpT0gXnp20MYQUDmjOrakAeQhf6vkqjGo/edit#>
also created a similar document for continous performance testing
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TMdJ7-y-hKQwhPRFYL0VXf0R53MsF4QmhZmwbT8wpE0/edit#>
where
I am listing regressions we would like to have caught via performance tests.

Regards,
Ariel