Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org> on 2008/12/06 11:10:10 UTC

Lenya website redesign - how can participants agree to ASF Licence

Hello

The Lenya Project is currently preparing a Website redesign contest.
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/DocuPublicationRedesignContestDraft

How can we correctly let participants agree to the ASF licence?

We consider creating a Bugzilla entry to allow  users to attach their
design contributions (see section «How To Enter» on the wiki page).
In Bugzilla (Lenya is using Bugzilla) we couldn't find an option that
allows (or rather forces) users to agree to the ASF License.

There is such an option in Jiira.
The Solr Project is currently doing a nice Logo redesign contest using
that Jiira feature.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LogoContest

Will it be sufficient to just let the users write a sentence in
Bugzilla, or separately on the mailing list,
that they agree to the license or is there another way to do that
legally correct.

Thanks for legal help!

Jürgen Ragaller

Re: Lenya website redesign - how can participants agree to ASF Licence

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Santiago

Am 06.12.2008 um 16:38 schrieb Santiago Gala:

> I guess you should remember them it in the contest norms. Not
> mandatory, I'd say just to ensure due diligence

We will do that.

Thanks!

Jürgen

Posted by Santiago Gala <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Ragaller <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Ragaller wrote:
> Hello
>

> The Lenya Project is currently preparing a Website redesign contest.
> http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/DocuPublicationRedesignContestDraft
>
> How can we correctly let participants agree to the ASF licence?
>
> We consider creating a Bugzilla entry to allow  users to attach their
> design contributions (see section «How To Enter» on the wiki page).
> In Bugzilla (Lenya is using Bugzilla) we couldn't find an option that
> allows (or rather forces) users to agree to the ASF License.

https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/createaccount.cgi

Mark