Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Nordine Boussedra <ex...@agora.msa.fr> on 2011/02/01 16:25:29 UTC

Apache CXF 2.3.1, use jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar

In the migration guide of CXF 2.3.1 we have to copy in the endorsed lib
of the JDK the jaxb-api-.2.2.1 but not jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar.
In our project we need jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar. Is there any impact on CXF
if we copy jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar, and jaxb-xjc-2.2.1.1.jar too in the
endorsed lib of the JRE.
We know its minor versions but you never can tell.

Thanks for the help.

Ce message est protégé par les règles relatives au secret des correspondances. Il est donc établi à destination exclusive de son destinataire. Celui-ci peut donc contenir des informations confidentielles. La divulgation de ces informations est à ce titre rigoureusement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, merci de le renvoyer à l'expéditeur dont l'adresse e-mail figure ci-dessus et de détruire le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe.

This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules. Therefore, this message is intended solely for the attention of the addressee. This message may contain privileged or confidential information, as such the disclosure of these informations is strictly forbidden. If, by mistake, you have received this message, please return this message to the addressser whose e-mail address is written above and destroy this message and all files attached.

Re: Apache CXF 2.3.1, use jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 01 February 2011 10:25:29 am Nordine Boussedra wrote:
> In the migration guide of CXF 2.3.1 we have to copy in the endorsed lib
> of the JDK the jaxb-api-.2.2.1 but not jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar.
> In our project we need jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar. Is there any impact on CXF
> if we copy jaxb-impl-2.2.1.1.jar, and jaxb-xjc-2.2.1.1.jar too in the
> endorsed lib of the JRE.
> We know its minor versions but you never can tell.

It wouldn't hurt, but not really needed.    The "jaxb-impl" and xjc things
built into the JDK use a different package name.   They have an "internal"
subpackage stuck in there.   Thus, the jars don't conflict with built in jdk
classes like the API jars do.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp