Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2002/02/12 22:10:14 UTC

Re: Servlet Filters Proposal]

Lance,

I'm not sure how far along your cache filter is, but I wrote one based on
OpenSymphony's OSCache system (www.opensymphony.com) and it works rather
well.  Much of the heavy lifting was already done by the OSCache engine as
it was initially built for a JSP tag library, so most all of what I had to
do was improve some threading issues and get the cache to support binary
content and additional response information (like content type and
content-length).

Let me know when you have some code to share, and I'll be happy to look and
maybe help a bit.

Serge Knystautas
http://www.lokitech.com/
> I'm not sure how far along your cache filter is, but I wrote one

I based in off of the Commons-Cache project.  It's "finished".

> do was improve some threading issues and get the cache to support
> binary
> content and additional response information (like content type and
> content-length).

Hmm, haven't done the header stuff, but it sounds like a good idea.  It
hasn't really been necessary to date, but its only been in the testing
phase to date.

> Let me know when you have some code to share, and I'll be happy to

Find attached jar.
There is one major section I've identified for improvement (identified
in comments) related to specifying what *not* to cache.

Lance

http://greetings.yahoo.com