Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by nk...@gmx.de on 2004/05/27 11:51:04 UTC

Bugs in libs and MSVC project

Hi,

I've tested the Win32 libs 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. While linking the prebuilt libs
to my MSVC .NET 2003 project the linker error came up: "apr.lib(rand.obj) :
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__UuidCreate@4 referenced in
function _apr_os_uuid_get@4".
I'm sure that I included all libs delivered with the SVN binary development
package.
After this I've download the 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 source code SVN
packages. While loading the subversion_msvc.dsw the error came up that the
apr.dsp and other .dsp files are corrupt. I suppose that this is a cause for
the error prone linking.

Best regards
N. Kowalsky

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgeb�hr: http://www.gmx.net/dsl

Re: Bugs in libs and MSVC project

Posted by Toby Johnson <to...@etjohnson.us>.
nkowalsky@gmx.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've tested the Win32 libs 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. While linking the prebuilt libs
>to my MSVC .NET 2003 project the linker error came up: "apr.lib(rand.obj) :
>error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__UuidCreate@4 referenced in
>function _apr_os_uuid_get@4".
>I'm sure that I included all libs delivered with the SVN binary development
>package.
>After this I've download the 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 source code SVN
>packages. While loading the subversion_msvc.dsw the error came up that the
>apr.dsp and other .dsp files are corrupt. I suppose that this is a cause for
>the error prone linking.

Not sure how much it will help, but I too have noticed the Subversion
source tarball doesn't include the apr.dsp, and was able to get it by
downloading the APR library directly from Apache.

Re: Bugs in libs and MSVC project

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
nkowalsky@gmx.de wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've tested the Win32 libs 1.0.3 and 1.0.4. While linking the prebuilt libs
>to my MSVC .NET 2003 project the linker error came up: "apr.lib(rand.obj) :
>error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__UuidCreate@4 referenced in
>function _apr_os_uuid_get@4".
>I'm sure that I included all libs delivered with the SVN binary development
>package.

This is the second time in as many weeks that I'm answering this... You
have to link in Windows libraries, too. UuidCreate is a Win32 function.

>After this I've download the 1.0.2, 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 source code SVN
>packages. While loading the subversion_msvc.dsw the error came up that the
>apr.dsp and other .dsp files are corrupt. I suppose that this is a cause for
>the error prone linking.

The linking isn't error prone.