Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jean-Sébastien Hederer <he...@free.fr> on 2006/11/14 00:26:48 UTC

HtmlFormRenderer.java

   1.   I'm wondering if it would not be better to change how
      "*<date-find type="date"/>*" is managed. Actually, entry shows a
      format like "YYYY-MM-dd hh:mm:ss.s" but I think it would be better
      to show a format like "YYYY-MM-dd".
   2. I think this should be so for "*<date-time type="date"/>*" too
   3. I think dates should be displayed with locale taken into account.
      Form example in France, a date is shown as "dd/MM/YYYY" (even if
      it's not good in order to sort field)

Any remark on this? I'm working on a patch for these points.

Re: HtmlFormRenderer.java

Posted by Jean-Sébastien Hederer <he...@free.fr>.
I agree with you on sorting strings. I think that points 1 and 2 should
be at least done because "date" format  looks like  "timestamp" . "time"
format seems not to be used. Is anyone using it?

Re: HtmlFormRenderer.java

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
I think this should be discussed quite a bit more before anything is
done.

I've written this over and over, but might as well repeat it...

Date and time formatting is a real pain. Different places and

Re: HtmlFormRenderer.java

From: "Jean-Sébastien Hederer" <he...@free.fr>