Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Torsten Trzeciak <to...@trzeciak.de> on 2003/06/01 21:29:00 UTC

Oracle, OBJ-Mapping and BigDecimals

Hi,
usually I use a special ID field in every DB table which has a generated ID.
Now I have Oracle 8.x.x and for me it seems that Oracle only accepts numbers
which are Converted to BigDecimals.

After mapping the table with OJB I got an exception because the long (java
class) to number conversion seems to fail.

Is it necessary to use BigDecimals for generated IDs in the classes?

Is there any OJB-Mail-Archive active at the moment??????

Re: Oracle, OBJ-Mapping and BigDecimals

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
seems mail-archive.com is temporary down
try this
user list:
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.jakarta.ojb.user

dev-list:
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.comp.jakarta.ojb.devel

regards,
Armin

> > usually I use a special ID field in every DB table which has a
generated ID.
> > Now I have Oracle 8.x.x and for me it seems that Oracle only accepts
numbers
> > which are Converted to BigDecimals.
> >
> > After mapping the table with OJB I got an exception because the long
(java
> > class) to number conversion seems to fail.
> >
> > Is it necessary to use BigDecimals for generated IDs in the classes?
>
> AFAIK the Oracles generic datatype NUMBER must be mapped to Java
BigDecimal!

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Torsten,