Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by vishnu murali <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/10 09:04:23 UTC

Schema validation in JDBC Connector

Hi Guys

First  I am creating a topic and set a schema first and then I am trying to
take data from MySQL using JDBC source connector.

In that time how can I validate the data from MySQL matches the schema I
set in  schema registry?

Can any one have any idea about this??

Re: Schema validation in JDBC Connector

Posted by Steve Howard <st...@confluent.io>.
Hi VIshnu,

Is there a reason you wouldn't want to allow the connector to handle the
schema registration and evolution over time?  The assumption in most cases
is that the database is the source of truth.  If you register the schema
yourself in the schema registry, you are introducing a tight coupling to
the source database rather than letting the application that populates the
database define it.  You can always transform the data from the database
with streams, or ksqlDB to make it even easier if you are using Confluent.

Thanks,

Steve