Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ethan Feng <et...@apache.org> on 2023/01/09 04:07:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc2

Hello Incubator Community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) version
0.2.0-incubating-rc2

The Apache Celeborn community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release
Apache Celeborn(Incubating) version 0.2.0-incubating-rc2

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Celeborn community vote thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread/v4t7r6h8043s0hvhhvlzhb35nr9gvshr

Vote result thread:
• https://lists.apache.org/thread/7n0gw4dz8d5p852sfok9f61cqods6h76

The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/celeborn/v0.2.0-incubating-rc2

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-celeborn/releases/tag/v0.2.0-incubating-rc2

Public keys file:
• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/celeborn/KEYS

The change log is available in:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-celeborn/compare/v0.1.4...v0.2.0-incubating-rc2

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

More detailed checklist please refer:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Steps to validate the release, Please refer to:
• https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

Thanks,
On behalf of Apache Celeborn(Incubating) community

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc2

Posted by Ethan Feng <et...@gmail.com>.
Hello Incubator Community,
    Thanks to Gang Li, Yu Li, and others who participated in this thread.
    We'll fix the known problems and vote later.
    This vote is canceled.

Thanks,
On behalf of the Apache Celeborn(Incubating) community

Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> 于2023年1月12日周四 17:27写道:

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by li gang <lg...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by keyong zhou <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

I checked

- git commit hash is correct.
- links are valid.
- "incubating" is in the name.
- LICENSE looks good.
- NOTICE looks good.
- DISCLAIMER exists.
- build success from source code (macOS).

```
./build/make-distribution.sh --release
```

Thanks,
Keyong Zhou

Posted by wangsheng <22...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1 for rc2.

Check:
- [x] build binary(MacOS) with `./build/make-distribution.sh --release -Pspark-3.3`
- [x] license `./build/mvn org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:check -Pgoogle-mirror,spark-3.3`
- [x] style `./build/mvn spotless:check -Pgoogle-mirror,spark-3.3`
- [x] untar binary package(MacOS) and check helm folder

LGTM

Thanks,
Binjie Yang

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc2

Posted by angers zhu <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

zy.jordan <15...@163.com> 于2023年1月9日周一 14:50写道:

Posted by "zy.jordan" <15...@163.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Celeborn(Incubating) 0.2.0-incubating-rc2

Posted by keyong zhou <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
 +1 (non-binding)

I checked

- links are valid.
- "incubating" is in the name.
- LICENSE looks good.
- NOTICE looks good.
- DISCLAIMER exists.
- signatures are good.
```
wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/celeborn/KEYS
gpg --import KEYS
gpg --verify apache-celeborn-0.2.0-incubating-source.tgz.asc
gpg --verify apache-celeborn-0.2.0-incubating-bin.tgz.asc
```
- checksums are good.
```
sha512sum --check apache-celeborn-0.2.0-incubating-bin.tgz.sha512
sha512sum --check apache-celeborn-0.2.0-incubating-source.tgz.sha512
```

- build success from source code (openjdk-8, macOS aarch64).

```
build/make-distribution.sh --release
```

Thanks,