Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 05:20:52 UTC

Xen server 4.1 - XCP and cloudstack

Hi folks,

I am deploying a cloud environment using Xen 4.1 and I have this situation:

I have a server that has already installed the Xen 4.1 hypervisor with XCP
API and 4 Virtual machines created. One of this VMs is the VM I installed
the Cloudstack. So, everything is running smooth there and now is time to
add this host to the cloudstack so it would be managed by there. I thought
that when I added the host the cloudstack would load all of its
configurations and auto detected the running VMs e shared storage that it
is using. But, I added the host to my cluster, but none of the VMs that are
already running were detected.

So, is there any way detecting them with cloudstack ?

I would appreciate your help, ;)
--
Rafael Weingartner

Re: Xen server 4.1 - XCP and cloudstack

Posted by France <ma...@isg.si>.
Create a temporary management server outside the cloud.
Setup the cloud.
Setup two HA management servers on the cloud, (don't forget about mysql!).
Shut down external management server.

Good luck.
F.

Posted by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com>.