Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/05 00:22:54 UTC

BeanShell Kernel.

Folks,

Prompted by Brian Olsen's questions on remote management, I thought I'd
do a quick extension to Phoenix's DefaultKernel.  This Kernel mounts and
opens a BeansShell GUI, that is a tap right into the Kernel.

There are comand prtapps, prtblocks and more that I am still working on.
 It's a neat tool for those wanting a visible window on the Kernel other
than the via the JMX route.

Here is a dialog copy/pasted from the GUI as a result of commands I
typed interactively :

    bsh % prtapps();
    0 avalon-demo
    bsh % prtblocks("avalon-demo");
    0 objectstorage
    1 scheduler
    2 thread-manager
    3 packet-manager
    4 connections
    5 helloworldserver
    6 sockets
    bsh % blk = getblock("avalon-demo","helloworldserver");
    bsh % blk.setGreeting("Happy Birthday");

    The above is me poking the the helloworld block from the 'demo' app.

Apart from more commands (to make life easy from a typing point of
view), there is also the possibility of the remote Beanshell applet.

To activate, see the new props at the end of the ant.properties.sample
file for Phoenix.  Enjoy.

Regards,

- Paul