Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Simon Gibbs <si...@simongibbs.co.uk> on 2004/01/14 12:56:20 UTC

Apology: AutoNotify Messages

I'm getting a lot of echoed AutoNotify messages lately and it looks like I'm causing them. It could be that the whole list is getting them too?

I thought I'd post this little explaination which might also be worth a giggle. It seems that our keyword profile makes us look like a bunch of dirty hackers (not completely untrue, in the strictest sense, at least personally). This causes the mail filter to stop the message and echo a meaningless reply.

The helpdesk mentioned the following keywords:

"code" - might be that we're talking about hacking.
"OS X" - a mispelling of the word "Sex" !!!
"Resin" - we must be junkies, or dealers.

I guess "jars" could also badge us alcoholics, and "wars" terorists but she didn't mention it.

Suffice to say I have taken steps to circumvent the filter! My apologies for causing any inbox spamming.

Simon Gibbs
Dirty Lewd Drunken Hacker Freak
Virgin Mobile

RE: Apology: AutoNotify Messages

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Simon,

:-)

I can assure you that it hasn't caused trouble here. We haven't received
these autonotify messages, or I can't remember them, or my spam filter
has caught them ;-)

Thanks
-Vincent