Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Stoughton <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/13 03:32:30 UTC

first use of Maven -- how to check cvs repository and build when something has changed

I suspect this is a solved problem, but I can't find an example or
description.  I am starting to use Maven2.

I have a java project that is in cvs.  I want to use mvn to check whether
there are any change in the cvs repository and, if so, update, and build.

I managed to get the scm:bootstrap goal to get a local copy of the project,
in the targets directory.

Thanks.

Re: first use of Maven -- how to check cvs repository and build when something has changed

Posted by Chris Stoughton <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointer.  I'll read the continuum docs and join that list if
necessary.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Stoughton <ch...@gmail.com>.
I have continuum installed, but I need to install a Maven2 build.

1.  Does continuum detect that there is a change in cvs?
2.  Given that there is a change, what phase of maven does the cvs
checkout?

Sorry, this must be obvious once you see it -- thanks!

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.