Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Randall Parker <ra...@nls.net> on 2001/08/12 05:59:19 UTC

PDFGraphics2D seems to be 180 degrees out of phase for rotated text

I have a class that draws up rotated text as part of a report preparation. If I call into it with a
JPanel's visible Graphics2D object the text that is rotated 90 degrees and 270 degrees is
displayed on the screen with the rotations that I expect.

With the SVGGraphics2D object and in the SVG viewer the text also appears rotated in the
expected way.

However, I've used PDFDocumentGraphics2D in the same way and when the result is
displayed in Acrobat the rotated text shows up rotated 270 when it should be rotated 90
and vice versa.

So I suspect there is a problem with the PDFDocumentGraphics2D object.

This problem only shows up when the first argument to the PDFDocumentGraphics2D
constructor (textAsShapes) is false.

Also, the reason I set textAsShapes to false is that when I set textAsShapes to true then
all fonts show as very bold even when they are specified to be plain.