Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2002/02/19 21:02:38 UTC

Confusion over commons logging

Someone posted to the Velocity list asking about logging, suggesting that he
was confused because he really liked log4j, Velocity uses logkit by default
(and of course can use log4j), and as the user put it "Then there is the
commons logger".

Does anyone mind if I put up a page on the commons website covering the
logging component to help prevent others from being confused?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                       geirm@optonline.net
System and Software Consulting

Re: Confusion over commons logging

Posted by ba...@generationjava.com.
It would seem essential. Especially as the Commons answer to the question
would seem to be:

Code to commons-logger, and then pick and choose between log4j and logkit
at will.