Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mark Feather <ma...@akwe-xavante.demon.co.uk> on 2010/01/15 13:20:04 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtualhosts - Starting from afresh

Hoping somebody can help me here.

I have an old Linux box running apache that's at least 7 years old.  It has
several virtualhosts setup on it that are working seamlessly.

I have built a new Linux box and I have the latest version of Apache up and
running with its main server configuration setup as I want it and everything
is working a treat.  The old box is still in service.

I'm now ready to setup virtual hosts on this new box in preparation for
service.  This box will when ready replace my old box shortly.

Now I'm hoping to setup virtualhosting differently, in a more efficient,
less time consuming way...... I hope.

On my old box I have virtualhosts setup separately for example:

www.example.co.uk
example.co.uk
www.example.com
example.com

A virtual host for each example above separate.

My question is: Is it possible to create one virtualhost directive for all
four examples above rather than having to do each one separately and if so
how is this achieved.

Mark