Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 17:37:24 UTC

http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi - Internal Server Error

Access to http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi is failing with
Internal Server Error.

Looks like the CGI file does not have execute privileges:

-rw-rw-r--  1 henning  velocity    883 Apr  1 03:37
/www/velocity.apache.org/download.cgi
-rw-rw-r--  1 henning  velocity  14955 Apr  3 04:43
/www/velocity.apache.org/download.html

April Fools joke that has not been removed? ;-)

S///

Re: http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi - Internal Server Error

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Nathan Bubna" <nb...@gmail.com> writes:

No, it is not my umask. It is me running "mvn post-site site:deploy"
which copies the download.cgi script into the site.

Normally I try just to run "mvn site site:deploy" to avoid this
(leaves the cgi alone). This is a very annoying bug in wagon.

	Best regards
		Henning

>http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-71

>Not sure why the group perms aren't set right on that file.  Maybe
>something to do with Henning's umask?  (i'm no unix expert).  Anyway,
>Wagon has a lame bug, so you must manually fix the perms on the
>download.cgi file after you do a site update.  Apparently Henning
>forgot to do this...  If anyone out there has the karma to override
>his perms and do this before he gets to these emails, that would be
>great.  Otherwise, we wait for Henning...

>On 4/4/07, Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm... couldn't fix this.   What am I missing?
>>
>> [wglass@minotaur /x1/www/velocity.apache.org]$ ls -l download.cgi
>> -rw-rw-r--  1 henning  velocity  883 Mar 31 19:37 download.cgi
>>
>> [wglass@minotaur /x1/www/velocity.apache.org]$ groups
>> wglass apcvs jakarta member apsite velocity
>>
>> [wglass@minotaur /x1/www/velocity.apache.org]$ chmod a+x download.cgi
>> chmod: download.cgi: Operation not permitted
>>
>> WILL
>>
>> On 4/4/07, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Access to http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi is failing with
>> > Internal Server Error.
>> >
>> > Looks like the CGI file does not have execute privileges:
>> >
>> > -rw-rw-r--  1 henning  velocity    883 Apr  1 03:37
>> > /www/velocity.apache.org/download.cgi
>> > -rw-rw-r--  1 henning  velocity  14955 Apr  3 04:43
>> > /www/velocity.apache.org/download.html
>> >
>> > April Fools joke that has not been removed? ;-)
>> >
>> > S///

>> --
>> Forio Business Simulations
>>
>> Will Glass-Husain
>> wglass@forio.com
>> www.forio.com

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

	       "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."

Re: http://velocity.apache.org/download.cgi - Internal Server Error

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Yep. Brain-too-tired-error. :-)

Actually, the best way would have been:

cp download.cgi /tmp
rm download.cgi
mv /tmp/download.cgi .
chmod 755 download.cgi

One of the perks of Unix is, that you can unlink the file (write
permission to the directory) but not change its permissions.

Sorry for the noise.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.