Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Privat ." <pr...@hotmail.de> on 2020/11/19 13:13:21 UTC

Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki: Broken link

Hello,

on the German page https://www.openoffice.org/de/download/ (and others), there is a link in the header saying "Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 ist verfügbar" (Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 is available now).

For me, this link is broken (it leads to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId).
(this is an issue of the German page, it does not appear on the English one.)

I hope you are the correct group to report this problem to.

Kind regards

RE: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki: Broken link

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.
Hello,

For me unfortunately not comprehensible, because the link refers to me:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=165224926

Jörg

Re: Reporting a problem with the OpenOffice Wiki: Broken link

Posted by Czesław Wolański <cz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

> That is totally up to the language teams (if existent).
> We only update the version number when a release is happening.

This answers my question about a need for a uniform approach. Thanks.

> We don't have an Arabic release, so it is not in the drop-down.

Yes, I know. This is why I mentioned 4 categories.

> But in case you have missed it,
> the page is now available on GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/apache/openoffice-org

I have missed it - in all possible meanings. ;‑)
Thanks.

Regards,
Czesław

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
> Hi Czesław,
>
> Am 20.11.20 um 08:55 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
>> Hi Marcus, all,
>>
>>> - (en) download page
>>> leads to AOO blog
>>> https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/announcing-apache-openoffice-4-14

>> I should have figured that out myself.  * facepalm *
>> Yet your explanation begs the question: is there a need for a unified
>> approach as to the landing page?
> That is totally up to the language teams (if existent). We only update
> the version number when a release is happening.

and we try to show the translated version of the announcement (seldom)
or release notes. For the 4.1.8 release notes we have 5 translations
(Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish).

Marcus

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Czesław,

Posted by Czesław Wolański <cz...@gmail.com>.