Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/02/21 22:31:55 UTC

Responding to CloudStack events

Hi everyone,

I'm playing around with an idea that requires that I respond to a
CloudStack event.

Can someone point me to documentation that explains how the CloudStack
event subsystem works and how I might be able to register for events?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Responding to CloudStack events

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I purposefully created a Compute Offering that would fail by populating the
Storage Tags field with a reference to Primary Storage that does not exist.

I can see the event failure message in the GUI and that the failure type
was VM.Create.  Does anyone know if there is a way for me to tell which
Compute Offering failed?

Thanks!