Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/31 07:47:58 UTC

need to make fsync=1 flush faster

we need to make hlog flush faster, it currently does only 700 ops/sec
when we flush every entry.

it'd be nice if we could do something clever, such as:

- use multiple logs
- detect multiple waiting clients and better batch their commits
- group commits for bulk import

anything else?

Re: need to make fsync=1 flush faster

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.