Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Chris P. McCabe" <ch...@choicehotels.com> on 2001/05/08 23:52:26 UTC

Orphan threads

We just discovered a serious problem with Xalan-J2 today, so we had to go
back to using Xalan-J1.  I don't know if it is the same problem as some
others have been reporting, but it occurs when there is some type of error in
the XML file.  I put a tag in the XML with no closing tag, and ran our
application in a loop processing the same XML/XSL combination over and over.
The thread count on the application just continued to increase, and the
threads never go away, even after all activity stops.

I will work on trying to get it narrowed down to a simple case that is easier
to deal with, but I don't think it has much to do with the XSL.

Chris