Posted to users@directory.apache.org by abhishek sharma <av...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/18 15:07:53 UTC

WebLogic clustering using Apacheds

Hello All,
I have an architectural question related *Apacheds embedded into a war *file

I am facing challenges while doing weblogic/tomcat cluster setup with
Apacheds embedded into a war file.
Apacheds provides a directory lock and whichever server instance get hold
of that lock will start up Apacheds and other instances (app deployment)
are left in an unknown state.

I have checkout multi-master and master-slave replication but that still do
not solve the issue with cluster enabling *multiple server instances on the
same machine*.

Can you guide as how we can achieve cluster setup with the core
capabilities of clusters intact:
*1. failover 2. replication* 3. load balancing

Thanks!

Re: WebLogic clustering using Apacheds

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 18/12/2019 16:07, abhishek sharma wrote:
> Hello All,
> I have an architectural question related *Apacheds embedded into a war *file
>
> I am facing challenges while doing weblogic/tomcat cluster setup with
> Apacheds embedded into a war file.
> Apacheds provides a directory lock and whichever server instance get hold
> of that lock will start up Apacheds and other instances (app deployment)
> are left in an unknown state.
>
> I have checkout multi-master and master-slave replication but that still do
> not solve the issue with cluster enabling *multiple server instances on the
> same machine*.
>
> Can you guide as how we can achieve cluster setup with the core
> capabilities of clusters intact:
> *1. failover 2. replication* 3. load balancing

It's a bit complex architecture question...

I would suggest you have a loo, at those two pages, even if they are a
bit outdated :

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/4.3.+Embedding+ApacheDS+as+a+Web+Application

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/ApacheDS+as+a+Tomcat+Realm