Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/30 22:34:02 UTC

Please suggest possible test areas.

What are the different areas of Geronimo that could do with some solid
functional testing ? I believe that TCK doesn't cover all areas of
Geronimo and not extensively, the ones it covers.

Please suggest areas/scenarios/tests that we should cover.

Here's a beginning. Feel free to elaborate or provide your insight
into the items on the list below.

* security
* deployment
* clustering
* console
* plugin mechanism
* almost all specs in JEE 5

Cheers
Prasad

Re: Please suggest possible test areas.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
We have made a small beginning in the console-testsuite by automating
the login/logout and testing a few links. We could go much farther
with this.

And since you spoke up Matt, I am wondering if there are any
performance testing we could to gradually track the health of the
server during each build. Simple things like server start time,
console start time etc may be useful. What say you ?

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
It would benice to automate the testing of the console functionality
to make sure we haven't broken anything and that we have broken
anything.  I see you have that listed below.  Perhaps if new
development included some tests that would be executed as part of
your new frame work :)
On Nov 30, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> What are the different areas of Geronimo that could do with some solid
> functional testing ? I believe that TCK doesn't cover all areas of
> Geronimo and not extensively, the ones it covers.
>
> Please suggest areas/scenarios/tests that we should cover.
>
> Here's a beginning. Feel free to elaborate or provide your insight
> into the items on the list below.
>
> * security
> * deployment
> * clustering
> * console
> * plugin mechanism
> * almost all specs in JEE 5
>
> Cheers
> Prasad

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

Re: Please suggest possible test areas.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Nov 30, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:

> What are the different areas of Geronimo that could do with some solid
> functional testing ? I believe that TCK doesn't cover all areas of
> Geronimo and not extensively, the ones it covers.
>
> Please suggest areas/scenarios/tests that we should cover.
>
> Here's a beginning. Feel free to elaborate or provide your insight
> into the items on the list below.
>
> * security
> * deployment
> * clustering
> * console
> * plugin mechanism
> * almost all specs in JEE 5

That's a pretty complete list.  I'd add the command line tools to
that as well.  You also might want specifically test our binary
compatability -- i.e. ensure that old serialized plugins/apps can
still be deserialized as the code changes.

-David