Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/18 06:12:56 UTC

Solr and Tag Cloud

Does anyone have details of how to generate a tag cloud of popular terms
across an entire data set and then also across a query?

Re: Solr and Tag Cloud

Posted by Alexey Serba <as...@gmail.com>.
Consider you have multivalued field _tag_ related to every document in
your corpus. Then you can build tag cloud relevant for all data set or
specific query by retrieving facets for field _tag_ for "*:*" or any
other query. You'll get a list of popular _tag_ values relevant to
this query with occurrence counts.

If you want to build tag cloud for general analyzed text fields you
still can do that the same way, but you should note that you can hit
some performance/memory problems if you have significant data set and
huge text fields. You should probably use stop words to filter popular
general terms.

Re: Solr and Tag Cloud

Posted by Mohammad Shariq <sh...@gmail.com>.
I am also looking for the same, Is there any way to find the cloud-tag of
all the documents matching a specific query.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mohammad Shariq

Re: Solr and Tag Cloud

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
One option would be to load each term into shingles field and then facet on
them for the user query.
Another is to use http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent.

With the first one you can load not only separate terms, but also their
sequences and then experiment with the optimal shingle sequence (ngram)
length.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have details of how to generate a tag cloud of popular terms
> across an entire data set and then also across a query?

Dmitry Kan