Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2015/10/02 11:12:46 UTC

Updating the docs for Apache as SSL and auth

I've got a complete set of working steps for installing on Amazon Linux,
and also for setting up Apache as a front end SSL proxy with authentication.
The only places I could find for hints on how to do this were fairly
scattered, and for instance there's no link in the CouchDb docs for
proxy auth to what fields you need to pass.

I'd like to add these to the docs, but the newer Wiki
(http://docs.couchdb.org/en/1.6.1/install/unix.html) has broken links to
'edit on github'.

What's the correct URL ?
Or should I be editing the older wiki (
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Apache_As_a_Reverse_Proxy ) ?
--
*Tom Chiverton*
Lead Developer

Extravision - email worth seeing <http://www.extravision.com/>
Registered in the UK at: 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD.
Company Reg No: 0‌‌5017214 VAT: GB 8‌‌24 5386 19

This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed
and may contain confidential or privileged information.
Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.

Re: Updating the docs for Apache as SSL and auth

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 02/10/15 12:56, Tom Chiverton wrote:
> I didn't see a good place in the tree to create the pages for Apache
> SSL and proxy. Should I just start a new section ("Apache as a proxy") ?

I figured it might be split out, so created a new "configuring" section
after "installing".

I also dropped some security advice there too.

Tom

Re: Updating the docs for Apache as SSL and auth

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 02/10/15 10:47, Alexander Shorin wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:
>> I'm "tchiverton" on the Apache wiki.
>>
> Done!

Awesome. The Amazon Linux page is up :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Amazon+Linux

I didn't see a good place in the tree to create the pages for Apache SSL
and proxy. Should I just start a new section ("Apache as a proxy") ?

> This issue goes from significant changes of couchdb repository. Older
> docs builds still remember the days when documentation was not in own
> repository. All these issues are fixed for lastest docs:
> http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/

I wasn't reading that because it appears to be for the unreleased
CouchDb 2.0

Tom

Re: Updating the docs for Apache as SSL and auth

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM, Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:
> I'm "tchiverton" on the Apache wiki.

Done!

> Maybe just remove the 'edit on github' ? Replace with a link to the real
> Wiki rather than the docs.couchdb.org pages (is the just a regular export or
> something ?)

This issue goes from significant changes of couchdb repository. Older
docs builds still remember the days when documentation was not in own
repository. All these issues are fixed for lastest docs:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/

--

Re: Updating the docs for Apache as SSL and auth

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Ah ha.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom!