Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Kjartan Clausen <kj...@ii.uib.no> on 1999/02/24 16:11:30 UTC

config/3960: CGI problems: I'm not able to do 'POST' and cgiwrap only returns errors

>Number:         3960
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       CGI problems: I'm not able to do 'POST' and cgiwrap only returns errors
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have recently upgraded my webserver from Apache 1.3.1 to 1.3.4 and now CGI
no longer works properly.
Both cgiwrap and POST operations in cgi-scripts gives me a 'Forbidden' error-message.

I have used exactly the same permissions as I did in 1.3.1, and those worked fine.
Is there something new in this release which demands a different setup?

The difference is that I now have moved the server to a virtual domain.
The config-file for this server looks like this:
<VirtualHost 129.177.16.249>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@ii.uib.no
   DocumentRoot /export/www/htdocs/ii
   ServerName www.ii.uib.no
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /export/www/cgi-bin/
   ErrorLog /export/www/logs/ii_error_log
   TransferLog /export/www/logs/ii_access_log
   UserDir public_html
</VirtualHost>

I can't see anything here that restricts my permissions
(or have I turned blind?)

I even set the cgi-bin permissions to:
<Directory "/export/www/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride All