Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Nestel, Frank" <fr...@coi.de> on 2000/08/07 17:40:10 UTC

include from within a servlet

Hi everyone,

I have a problem which might be wrong in this list, but
there doesn't seem to be a user list.

The problem:

I'm using stylesheets from within a servlet, which seems to be
a really fine way to separate logic and layout. Unfortunately
the stylesheets are growing and getting more complex as layout
is optimized. Now I wanted to do some modularization be using
<xsl:include ...>. But I had to learn, that the include path is relative
to the base path from where the JVM startet and not relative to
the including document.

Questions:

* Is this behaviour OK or maybe a bug?
* Which workaround to use?
  Of course hardcoded absolute paths in the stylesheets make little
  sense. Is it possible to use a parameter as a base path for inclusion?
  Or has someone else a better solution at hand?

Thank you,
Frank

--
Dr. Frank Sven Nestel
Senior Software Engineer

COI GmbH    Erlanger Straße 62, D-91074 Herzogenaurach
Phone +49 (0) 9132 82 4611
http://www.coi.de, mailto:Frank.Nestel@coi.de
          COI - Solutions for Documents