Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by nithin91 <ni...@franklintempleton.com> on 2020/02/12 08:01:11 UTC

Dynamic Cache Change not allowed

Hi

	We are doing a  a POC on exploring the Ignite in memory capabilities and
building a rest api on
	top of it using node express.

	Currently as a part of POC, installed Ignite in UNIX and trying to load the
data from Oracle DB
	to Ignite Cache using Cache JDBC Pojo Store.

	As a part of this process, bean file is custom configured  to start ignite
node in
        unix. Attached the bean file.
	This bean file consists of both cache configuration details and ignite
configuration details.

	Once the node is running, we are trying to do the following

	1. Connecting to the ignite node running on unix by creating a replica of
the attached bean file from
       local system and adding an additional property in Bean file with
Client Mode = true and
	   then loading the cache that are defined in the bean file deployed in
unix using the
	   following method from local system using JAVA

	            ignite.cache("CacheName").loadCache(null);

		We are able to do this successfully.

	2.  Connecting to the ignite node running on unix by creating a replica of
the attached bean file
		in local system and adding an additional property in Bean file with Client
Mode = true
		and then trying to create a cache and configure the cache and then finally
		the cache using the attached JAVA Code.

		When we are trying this approach, we are getting an error like dynamic
cache change
		is not allowed.

		It would be really helpful if any one can help me in resolve this issue.

		If this not the right approach, then
		Configuring all the caches in the bean file is the only available
option?If this is case,
		What should be the approach for  building some additional caches in ignite
and load these
		Caches using Cache JDBC POJO Store when the node is running.

		Also can you please help me on the ways  to handle these issues.

		1. If we want to add/drop/modify a  column to the cache, can we update the
bean file directly
		   when the node is running or do we need to stop the node and then again
restart.
		   It would be really helpful if you can  share sample code or
documentation link.

		2. How to refresh the ignite cache automatically or schedule the cache
refresh.
		   It would be really helpful if you can  share sample code or
documentation link.

		3. Is incremental refresh allowed? It would be really helpful if you can
share sample code or
		   documentation link.

		4. Is there any other way to load the caches fast other Cache JDBC POJO
Store.
		   It would be really helpful if you can  share sample code or
documentation link.

		 JavaCode.txt
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t2737/JavaCode.txt>

Re: Dynamic Cache Change not allowed

Posted by nithin91 <ni...@franklintempleton.com>.
Hi

No I am creating new cache and configuring the cache from java in client
mode and trying to load the cache
from java in client mode.

Following is error i get.

Feb 13, 2020 11:34:40 AM org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger error
SEVERE: Failed to send message: null
java.io.IOException: Failed to get acknowledge for message:
TcpDiscoveryClientMetricsUpdateMessage [super=TcpDiscoveryAbstractMessage
[sndNodeId=null, id=b9bb52d3071-613fd9b8-0c00-4dde-ba8f-8f5341734a3c,
verifierNodeId=null, topVer=0, pendingIdx=0, failedNodes=null,
isClient=true]]
	at
org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ClientImpl$SocketWriter.body(ClientImpl.java:1398)
	at org.apache.ignite.spi.IgniteSpiThread.run(IgniteSpiThread.java:62)

Feb 13, 2020 11:34:47 AM org.apache.ignite.logger.java.JavaLogger error
SEVERE: Failed to reconnect to cluster (consider increasing 'networkTimeout'
configuration property) [networkTimeout=5000]
[11:34:52] Ignite node stopped OK [uptime=00:00:24.772]
Exception in thread "main" javax.cache.CacheException: class
org.apache.ignite.IgniteClientDisconnectedException: Failed to execute
dynamic cache change request, client node disconnected.
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheUtils.convertToCacheException(GridCacheUtils.java:1337)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.getOrCreateCache0(IgniteKernal.java:3023)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.getOrCreateCache(IgniteKernal.java:2992)
	at Load.OrdersLoad.main(OrdersLoad.java:82)
Caused by: class org.apache.ignite.IgniteClientDisconnectedException: Failed
to execute dynamic cache change request, client node disconnected.
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils$15.apply(IgniteUtils.java:952)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.IgniteUtils$15.apply(IgniteUtils.java:948)
	... 4 more
Caused by: class
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteClientDisconnectedCheckedException: Failed
to execute dynamic cache change request, client node disconnected.
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.cache.GridCacheProcessor.onDisconnected(GridCacheProcessor.java:1180)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.onDisconnected(IgniteKernal.java:3949)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager$4.onDiscovery0(GridDiscoveryManager.java:821)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager$4.lambda$onDiscovery$0(GridDiscoveryManager.java:604)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager$DiscoveryMessageNotifierWorker.body0(GridDiscoveryManager.java:2667)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.managers.discovery.GridDiscoveryManager$DiscoveryMessageNotifierWorker.body(GridDiscoveryManager.java:2705)
	at
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.worker.GridWorker.run(GridWorker.java:120)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Re: Dynamic Cache Change not allowed

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The message says: Failed to execute dynamic cache change request,* client
node disconnected*. So, it means that your client node is not connected to
the cluster at this moment.

It looks like you have connectivity issues between your local machine and
remote server, I would recommend to check that all ports are open and you
can connect without any issues.

Evgenii

чт, 13 февр. 2020 г. в 04:53, nithin91 <

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Are you trying to recreate the same cache from java, but with another
configuration? Can you share the full exception with a stack trace?

Evgenii

ср, 12 февр. 2020 г. в 00:04, nithin91 <

Posted by nithin91 <ni...@franklintempleton.com>.