Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "lttnd@yahoo.com" <lt...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/26 05:48:50 UTC

inner join n:1 how to

I have two classes Product(table=product) and
ProductGroup(table=productgroup) ; these two tables are n:1 relationship
means 1 row on productgroup may has more than 1 rows on 'produc' table  .
I want to query to get all fields of product table and 2 field of
productgroup table with some conditions for example
select product.id , product.name, product.price , product.productgroupid ,
productgroup.name, productgroup.logo from product a inner join productgroup
b on a.productgroupid = b.id .
How can i do this with ojb

thank in advanced ,
Regards

Re: inner join n:1 how to

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi,

lttnd@yahoo.com wrote:
> Normally , if i use QueryByCriteria q =
> QueryFactory.newQuery(ProductImpl.class, criteria); and criteria contained
> some ProductGroup conditions ; and then i will retrieve all data of
> ProductImpl that product table outter join with ProductGroup table . May be
> in this case i HAVE to use ReportQuery ?

I'm not a query expert, but I think you are right. If you want to mix
columns of different tables (/objects) you can't use the object based
criteria api.
You can find an example here
http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/query.html#Report+Queries

regards,