Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net> on 2014/05/02 10:28:11 UTC

[ANN] buildnumber-maven-plugin 1.3 Released

Hi,

The Mojo team is pleased to announce the release of the
buildnumber-maven-plugin version 1.3.

This mojo is designed to get a unique build number for each time you build
your project. So while your version may remain constant at 1.0-SNAPSHOT for
many iterations until release, you will have a build number that can
uniquely identify each build during that time.

http://mojo.codehaus.org/buildnumber-maven-plugin/

To get this update, simply specify the version in your project's plugin
configuration:
<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId> buildnumber-maven-plugin< /artifactId>
<version>1.3</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes
https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12124&version=18855

Enjoy,

The Mojo team.

-- Baptiste

Re: [ANN] buildnumber-maven-plugin 1.3 Released

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
Just a small guess: if you're using a versioning control system (svn,git it
mercurial supported), the build number won't indeed change if you're
building the same source code many times: it will reflect the current state
of your tree (say revision for svn, or sha-1 for Git).

HTH
Cheers

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Bruce,

Posted by Bruce Wen <br...@ericsson.com>.
Hi,

How does this work? I tried twice but the build number is still the same.

Bruce Wen