Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Sean Reid <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/06 03:04:41 UTC

Guacamole instruction reference/client request full screen update

I’m looking for a way to programmatically request a full screen update from
guacd from guacamole-client. Is there an instruction I can send to guacd
from the client to do so?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Guacamole instruction reference/client request full screen update

Posted by Sean Reid <se...@gmail.com>.
It's a bit of a long story, but I essentially have a private, home-grown
version of the guacamole-client to fit my needs better. The PR I have on
guacamole-server for adding libavcodec is actually related, as that plus
the ability to use guacenc with stdin allows me to record remote display
connections directly into a playable video.

But the short version is that when I begin streaming the Guac protocol
instructions provided by guacd into guacenc directly with my client, often
if the remote display is not changing much and then the recording is
stopped quickly (less than a minute or so), I don't see any result
whatsoever in the video. Admittedly, this could be a function of the fact
that I've deviated so much from the guacamole client, but I do initialize
the connections using the GuacamoleClientCapability and a properly created
tunnel and socket, so my instinct is having me think that I'm not getting
full frames initially, so there's nothing for guacenc to encode if
nothing is really changing on the display, which is the motivation for the
question.

I still have more fact-finding to do to potentially resolve the issue, but
it is a low priority for me at the moment because I have almost no use case
other than my development process to record displays for a short enough
time that this becomes an issue.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.