Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/03/09 15:21:38 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "CUDA On Hadoop" by ChenHe

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "CUDA On Hadoop" page has been changed by ChenHe.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/CUDA%20On%20Hadoop?action=diff&rev1=2&rev2=3

  === For Java programmers ===
  If your MapReduce program is written in Java, you may need [[http://download.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/jni/spec/jniTOC.html|JNI]] to make use of CUDA. However, [[http://www.jcuda.org|JCuda]] provides a easier solution for us. We introduce CUDA to our Map stage. The CUDA code is called by map() method within Map class. It is easy to extend to Reduce stage if necessary. There two ways to compile your CUDA code.

- One is to write CUDA code as a String variable in your Java code.
+ One is to write CUDA code as a String variable in your Java code. JCuda will automatically compile it for you. The compiled binary file is located in tasktrackers working directory that you can configure in mapred-site.xml file.

- The other is little bit tricky.
+ The other is little bit tricky. you can compile the CUDA code into binary files in advance and move them to tasktrackers working directory. And then every tasktracker can access those compiled binary files.

  === For C/C++ programmers ===

@@ -23, +23 @@

  == Hardware ==
  == Test cases ==