Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Pariksheet Barapatre <pb...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/18 07:37:56 UTC

Running spark examples/scala scripts

Hello all,

I am trying to run shipped in example with spark i.e. in example directory.

[cloudera@aster2 examples]$ ls
bagel                       ExceptionHandlingTest.scala  HdfsTest2.scala
 LocalKMeans.scala  MultiBroadcastTest.scala       SparkHdfsLR.scala
 SparkPi.scala
BroadcastTest.scala         graphx                       HdfsTest.scala
LocalLR.scala      SimpleSkewedGroupByTest.scala  SparkKMeans.scala
 SparkTC.scala
CassandraTest.scala         GroupByTest.scala            LocalALS.scala
LocalPi.scala      SkewedGroupByTest.scala        SparkLR.scala
DriverSubmissionTest.scala  HBaseTest.scala              LocalFileLR.scala
 LogQuery.scala     SparkALS.scala                 SparkPageRank.scala

I am able to run these examples using run-example script, but how to run
these examples without using run-example script.

Thanks,
Pari

Re: Running spark examples/scala scripts

Posted by Mayur Rustagi <ma...@gmail.com>.
You have to pick the right client version for your Hadoop. So basically its
going to be your hadoop version. Map of hadoop versions to cdh &
hortonworks is given on spark website.

Regards
Mayur

Mayur Rustagi