Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by mi...@iol.pt on 2002/02/13 13:07:37 UTC

Reverse Proxy with backend web servers

Hello All,

I have a Reverse Proxy running on  Linux with apache 2.08 and 2
backend web servers running microsoft IIS. The current configuration
of reverse proxy it's similar to this :
<VirtualHost *>
servername www.host1.com
proxypass / http://10.1.1.10/
proxypassreverse / http://10.1.1.10/
</VirtualHost>
<Virtualhost *>
servername www.host2.com
proxypass / http://10.1.1.11/
proxypassreverse / http://10.1.1.11/
</Virtualhost>

Description of the problem:
If I access directly to Web Servers, everything runs fine.
if i try to access the web servers trought the reverse
proxy,the execution of cgi-scripts won't run, i.e.,
       it's read normal html pages and sub html pages but
when i have cgi scripts to run, (for example submit or
search buttons) scripts that are supose to return me values,
they wont run returnning me a error that I'm
supossed to run the scripts localy not remotly.

Best Regards,

Nuno Cansado

http://www.IOL.pt
Todo o mundo passa por aqui!